I ran 10k today! I really can't describe how I felt crossing the finishing line in words that would do it any justice. Amazing and the best feeling I have had (other than getting engaged). I managed to keep pace with someone who wanted to complete the race in an hour! I kept telling him he could leave me at any minute but he said my pace was fine for him. My pace was fine! Not something I expected him to say as originally he was leaving me after 2km! And he managed to complete it in an hour so I am guessing I didnt hold him up too much. I would have been happy with 1hr 30mins. To do it in 1hr 4mins is just great. When I turned the corner and saw the clock was at 10am I could have screamed out loud I was so happy. I actually felt good at running today. Something I haven't really. I think running with Scott helped me as he is natrually faster than me so I did become lazy. I love going running with running club and love running with Jayne (my friend from work who comes too) but (i feel so bad for saying this) she isn't as quick/can't run as far as me so I often walk when I should keep going as I dont feel I should leave her. I need to join the next group up at running club now I think. I might do one night with the beginners and then one night with the middle group and see how I get on. Scary stuff!
When I crossed the line I noticed the time and was chuffed with 1hr 8 that it showed and then even more chuffed when I found out that the time chip doesnt kick in until you've crossed the start line (something which seems so obvious but yet isn't!) so I have checked my time and officially its 1hr 4mins and 29secs. i want to frame that page. i have printed it off and its going in my year of change box. which hold old photos I was ashamed of. This is now my to be proud of box. I kind of walked around panicing that I couldnt find h2b and that I had no mobile phone. Seemed to take me ages to find him (turns out it was 10 minutes) and then when I did I just ran across millenium square to get to him and hugged 'guess my time' was all I could say as I'd spent what seemed like forever wanting to find someone I knew so I could tell them my time and that I actually finished it...alive! He already knew bcos he'd seen me finish, I sadly didnt see him but he said I looked very focused. I was I just wanted to get to the end. I was feeling emotional as I had been poorly this week so when he told me he was proud of me I was teary.
Think it was just everything coming out, I was so nervous in the morning and all week actually. Not 100% sure why bcos i had been running reguarly and knew I would at least manage 4 miles of it. But I was doing this for charity people had sponsored me and I didnt want to let them down. I wanted to be able to tell him I did it and when on Friday I was so poorly I was gutted. A day of rest sorted me out though :)
Went back to Scotts for a quick shower and change and then for some reason me and h2b thought it would be a good idea to shop. My legs ached all the way round so h2b treated me to lunch. Didnt go crazy as I get weighed tomorrow so had spag bol and it was gorgeous.
I am already looking for another 10k to do before the end of the year!!!! Mmmm I am wondering where unfit lazy bum cheryl has gone, hopefully like 3stone 10.5lbs she is not coming back.
No comments:
Post a Comment