Saturday, 3 April 2010

Worst week ever

On Tuesday my h2b dad sadly passed away. Its all happened so quickly really. He was in hospital a few weeks ago but he got discharged. He went back in last Thursday. Up until Tuesday if you had asked me I would have said he def didnt seem to be 66 years old and was fit as fiddle. We had been visiting him in hospital and to be honest we werent concerned as he seemed fine. Until we called in Sunday and he had an oxygen mask on and found it very difficult to talk. Was horrible seeing him like that but he always assured us that he was fine and it was all done as a precaution.

H2b text me on Tuesday at about 2pm to say that he had a call from the hospital to say his dad had got worse and wasnt expected to recover so everyone was going to hospital to sit with him but not worry if I couldnt get away from work. I started to panic (typical female his dad would have said) and started crying a bit and tried to explain it to my supervisor in the end I ended up just showing her my phone. Although I havent known h2b dad for very long (around 2.5 years) he has done more for me and h2b in the last few years than my own dad so was upset as I am sure is understandable. I got permission to leave work - I have to say that my work were great and even let someone else take me to the hospital as they didnt want me to get a taxi or bus. As much as I tried to prepare myself for what would be happening at the hospital nothing could have. His dad looked so ill and was in and out of it. Was so awful. H2b brother was driving down from Scotland. He arrived at 8pm and then h2b dad took his oxygen mask off and then he was gone. I have never been around anyone when they died and I have never been around anyone who has lost someone that close to them (well I have my parents when my grandparents died but I think what I mean I have never been present when anyone has died), all I could do was be there for h2b. He only lost his mum a few years ago. He has been so brave through all this week - I would probably have gone to pieces but he has just coped with everything and sorted everything that needs sorting.

So this week the last thing on my mind has been my diet. I have eaten whatever anyone has given me and drank alot of wine. People have been coming and making us lunch (normally sandwiches with white bread, butter and cheese!) and then people have been having us over for tea which is so kind of them the last thing I can do is complain that its not syn free and not allowed on my diet. I will get back on track Monday after I have been weighed. I am sure I will - h2b dad said I looked really well and healthy the other week so there is no way I am letting one bad week turn into a bad month and end up back where I started. I've come too far.

To make it all worse h2b dad gf is being a bit of a pain and is currently not speaking to any of us. Which is not helpful at all as their is things that we need to sort out for the funeral. Such a mess.

Things will get better I am sure, its just a case of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment